Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Birthday

Mom is all packed up and ready to go to the hospital

Posing for pictures in the parking garage of the hospital

At 7pm we were all checked into the delivery suite ready for the action to start

6 hours into labor and Mom is still smiling

Here is my heartbeat and contraction pattern

After hours of labor and pushing I was stuck and not making enough progress. Mom's temp was rising and my heart rate was too fast so the doctor said I would have to be delivered by c-section

My first picture with our amazing OB GYN Dr. Sinicori. I was 7 lbs 12 oz, 21 inches long and born at 7:18am.

Our first family photo

While I was the only one born that night there were a lot born the day before so there were a bunch of other babies in the nursery that morning.

After a few hours Mom was finally able to hold me in her arms and it was a long time before she put me down or let anyone else hold me.

Aunt Barry was my first visitor

Grandma Smith jumped on the first flight when she heard that Mom was in labor and arrived before I was 8 hours old

It wasn't hard for me to make this guy smile :)

Dad got initiated into the poopy diaper club right away

Me with Mom and Grandma and Grandpa

There is no other place I want to be

I opened my eyes and saw my beautiful Mom for the first time

I like to hold one arm up by my face

I love my Mom so very much

Most of the time I am quiet as a mouse

And once in a while I let everyone know that I'm here

Dad loves to rock me to sleep

In my hospital crib with my giraffe for another hour or two of sleep

Mom was more mobile the next day and actually got to wear real clothes instead of the hospital gown. She tried out her nursing blanket while we had visitors

Hanging out with Mom and Dad

7 comments:

  1. Yay! The first to post on Quinn's very own blog!! I loved all the photos. Unkie Joe and I said "awwww" about every photo because you are so so cute. Jen, you look amazing and we are so proud of you. What a crazy last few days. Davey, the photo of you and your baby girl is so precious. She is so lucky to have a dad who loves her more than anything else in the world. I know you'll show her so many fun things, and you are the first man she'll ever love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats man, that a great photostory.

    -Casey-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee!!! The beat goes on... Another beautiful baby that will be loved and cared for by 2 excellent parents. I am so looking forward to meeting Quinn!

    Nice set of pictures Dave! Jen, you look fantastic! What a great family!

    Love
    Uncle Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. How TERRIFIC! Love the blog, and can't wait to follow little Quinn's journey. Hope you're all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice blog for Quinn. So happy for you three...(and Scout too!). She is beautiful and Jen you look GREAT! You will be wonderful parents. Enjoy making those lasting memories! Love,
    Aunt Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking of you guys all day long...I remember what it was like to hang out with your new baby that first day, and be amazed that you created her. Congratulations!
    Uncle Brad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats... she is beautiful. Glad to hear all is well! -Keli Tolley

    ReplyDelete